Monday, August 1, 2011

"Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal..."



I've heard people say that if women could actually remember vividly the pain of childbirth, they'd never have more than one baby; that somehow forgetting the trauma is "an evolutionary development" that ensures the fate of the human race. Similarly, baby laughter must be a gift from God that voids the countless hours of crying endured by mommies and daddies everywhere.

Everett laughed out loud today.....and guaranteed the perpetuation of our species. :)

For weeks now, he's been on the brink. It's almost like he smiles so big that if noise was to come out of his body, it would certainly be laughter. But no; just smiles. And then all of a sudden, after one of his feedings this afternoon, I tickled his ribs, and out it came! I thought I might be imagining things, so I called Jason over. Again I tickled, and again he giggled. And even a third time! Then Jason went to grab the video camera...

...and nothing. *sigh*

Oh well. This kid has been exhibiting "Michigan J. Frog behavior" since before birth.



*Ribbit......Ribbit.*

1 comment:

  1. I promise you EVERY PRINCE has frog-like tendencies!!! Kiss our little Prince for me!

    ReplyDelete