Thursday, July 28, 2011

"...All I've got is two strong arms..."

"...to hold you so tightly..."

"If I had a Million" by Pat Green. It's the first song Jason and I danced to at our wedding four years ago.

Wow, four years.

It's kinda hard to believe that everything that's happened to us since then has all been crammed into four little years. It sure does go by quickly.

Many times during these four years, I have said the words "I did not sign up for this!" Feeling homesick the first night my parents leave after helping us move to Maryland? Missing so many special family occasions -- weddings, births...even deaths? Being lonely for six months while my husband goes to Iraq? Having our family uprooted and moved across the country...or across the ocean? There is NO freaking way I bargained for all this!!!

Wait. Yes, I did. Those little words "for better or worse" are pretty much all-inclusive.

And while I may have bitched plenty......I have also celebrated and danced and laughed and reveled with this man to whom I committed my life. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart. I love you.



 "If I had a Million"

If I had a million I would build you a mansion,
A hundred miles from nowhere with all a girl could need,
We would run through the hallways and dance in the backyard,
If we ain't got no neighbors ain't no one will see.

And if I had a speed plane we'd fly across the land,

Settle in some little border town,
We'd drink margaritas and dance to mariachis,
Put you on my speed plane and I would bring you back home.

And if I had a steamboat we'd sail across the ocean,

Dock in some little port of call,
We would have a fine time with Swiss cheese and French wine,
Put you on my steamboat and I would bring you back home.

But I ain't got a million and I ain't got a speed plane,

I ain't got no boat upon the sea,
All I've got is two strong arms to hold you so tightly,
So baby won't you, won't you please, come back home with me.

1 comment:

  1. I have to add that his cooking talents tend to make it easy to keep him around.....that and his big heart that loves you and Everett so very much!!!! It has been one heck of a party!
    Happy Anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete